The Renovation of the Mechanicville Hydroelectric Stationby Michael W. Murphy, Niagara Mohawk Power Corp, United States,
Stephen F. Burke, Niagara Mohawk Power Corp, United States,
Abstract: The Mechanicville Hydroelectric Facility, owned and operated by Niagara Mohawk Power Corporation, was first developed in 1897. This paper traces its history, relicensing and new design. The integration of preservation and redevelopment of the historic station is being made possible through an innovative form of cooperative utility/private development within the context of relicensing. Subjects covered include project preservation, power development, and other aspects of the subject.
Subject Headings: Hydro power | Power plants | Licensure and certification | Corporations | Historic preservation | History | Innovation | Team building
Services: Buy this book/Buy this article
Return to search