The King's Road: National Historic Civil Engineering Landmarkby James H. Schaub, (F.ASCE), Prof. and Chmn.; Dept. of Civ. Engrg., Univ. of Florida, Gainsville, Fla.,
Serial Information: Engineering Issues: Journal of Professional Activities, 1977, Vol. 103, Issue 3, Pg. 217-222
Document Type: Journal Paper
The King's Road was built during the British occupation of East Florida (1763-1783) and extended from the St. Mary's River in the north to near New Smyrna in the south. The road served as a main artery for land communication to east Florida until the 20th century. It was designated a National Historic Civil Engineering Landmark in 1976.
Subject Headings: Highways and roads | Civil engineering landmarks | Historic sites | Rivers and streams | North America | Florida | United States
Services: Buy this book/Buy this article
Return to search